Zaynab Academy Online
Bilingual (Urdu & English)
A three month online course in Urdu, tailored to fit the lifestyle of busy Muslimahs, who are looking for regular inspirations to keep moving forward in Deen.Registration Closed!
Orientation: Sep 5th 2016
Classes Start: Sep 6th 2016
Classes End: Nov 24th 2016
Assessment dates: Nov 29th to Dec 1st
Holidays: 9th – 18th Sep for Eid ul Azha, 11th – 12th Oct for Ashura
Duration: 11 weeks instruction, public holidays (subject to moon sighting), 1 week Exam
1) Tafseer of Quran : Surah Kahf
2) Commentary on Hadith: Imam Nawwawi’s (rh) compilation of Forty Ahadeeth (Arbaeen)
3) Seerah : The Meccan Era
4) Lifestyle : 7 Habits of Happy People
Every Tuesday & Thursday 6PM – 8 30 PM PST
Session 1: Virtues of Surah Kahf
- Occasion of Revelation
- Verse 1-8
Session 2: Verses 9-16
- People of the Cave – when and where?
- The story of the young princes
Session 3: Verses 9-21
- The miraculous slumber in the Cave
- Importance of Good Company
Session 4: Verses 22-31
- Abstaining from useless arguments
- The adab of saying “InshAllah”
- The etiquettes of Dawah
- The bounties of Jannah
Session 5: Verses 32-49
- The two friends in the Garden – a lesson in arrogance
- The Likeness of his World
- The Enduring Good deeds – ‘baaqiyat us saalihaat’
- A scene from the Day of Judgement
Session 6: Verses 50-70
- The enmity of Shaytaan
- The Argumentative nature of Man
- The Story of Musa (as) and Khidr (ra)
- Musa (as) in search for Khidr (ra)
- The etiquettes of travel
- Who was of more stature from the two?
- Khidr (ra) – Nabi or Wali?
Session 7: The Story of Musa (as) and Khidr (ra) contd.
- In the company of Khidr (ra)
- Etiquettes of being a student
- Differences in the ilm granted to Musa (as) and Khidr (ra)
- Verses 71-82
- Thirst for knowledge
- Mysteries of Khidr (ra)’s conduct explained
Session 8: The Story of Musa (as) and Khidr (ra) contd..
- 27 lessons learnt from this story
- Is Khidr (ra) still alive?
- Verses 83 – 98
- The Travels of King Zulqarnain
- Who, when and where?
- Gog and Magog – nature, history and prediction
- Events near the end of times
Session 9: Verses 99-110
- The worst of losers on Judgement Day
- The Majesty of the words of your Rabb
- Riya (showing off) as Shirk
- Overview of lessons leant from Surah Kahf
- Surah Kahf – protection from Dajjal
Session 1: Imam Nawwai (rh)’s Biography
- His Selection of Forty Ahadeeth
- ‘actions are judged by intentions’
Session 2: Hadith of Jibrael (as)
- The Five Pillars of Islam
- Faith in Predestination
- The concept of Innovation in Deen
- Abstaining from the Doubtful
Session 3: ‘Deen is Good Counsel’
- The wisdom behind Jihad
- Prohibition from unnecessary questions
- Eating from the Lawful
- Taking Fatwa from the Heart
- Staying away from the futile
- The value of Human Life
Session 4: The virtue of speaking less
- Controlling Anger
- Striving towards Excellence
- Taqwa – God consciousness
- Placing our trust in Allah
- Turning to Allah first
Session 5: The trait of Modesty
- The station of Istaqamah (perseverance)
- Safeguarding the Faraidh (Obligations) and stocking up on the Nawafil (superogatory)
Session 6: Cleanliness is half of faith
- Intercession of the Quran
- Trading our Nafs (base desires) for the Hereafter
- Prohibition of Injustice
- The Self Sufficiency of Allah
- The meaning of Sadqah
Session 7: Contentment of the Heart – a litmus test
- Holding fast to the Sunnah in times of Chaos
- The night vigil of a believer
- Safeguarding the tongue
Session 8: Transgressing limits and misappropriating deeds
- The trait of Zuhd – abstinence from the world
Session 9: Enjoining good and forbidding evil
- Protecting the Honor of fellow muslims
- The poison of envy and hatred
Session 10: Helping others in need
- The barakah of studying ilm collectively
- Multiplied rewards on a single good deed
- The close friends of Allah
Session 11: Prohibition of hurting the People of Allah
- Our Ever Forgiving Rabb
- ‘the momin in his world is but a traveller’
Session 1: Course Overview / Outline
- Intentions while studying
- Age of Ignorance
- The Arabian Peninsula & it’s selection for Prophethood
Session 2: The prayer of Ibrahim (as)
- Origins of Mecca and Zamzam
- The tribe of Quraysh
- Abdul Muttalib and the well of Zamzam
- Abdullah and the Vow
Session 3: Year of the Elephant
- The Birth of the Prophet
Session 4: Halima Sadia (ra) ‘s blessed nursing
- Bereavement from mother and grandfather
- The Prophecy of Bahira the Monk
Session 5: Marriage to Khadija (ra)
- The adoption of Zayd (ra)
- The children of the Prophet
- Rebuilding the Ka’abah
Session 6: The first Revelation
- Dawah to Family and Kinsmen
Session 7: The Opposition, Demands and Offers of the Quraysh
- The Islam of Hamza (ra)
- The sufferings of the early converts of Islam
Session 8: The migration to Abyssinia
- The Islam of Umar (ra)
Session 9: The social boycott
- The Year of Sadness
Session 10: Israa and Mairaj
- The Pledges at Aqabah
Session 11: Conspiracy of the Quraysh
- The Hijrah
CONTEMPORARY LIFESTYLE ISSUES:
She began her pursuit of Classical Islamic Learning at Zaynab Academy Karachi where she studied Quranic Tafseer , Hadith, Usul-e-Hadith, Arabic Grammar, and Arabic Literature and received her Alimiyyah degree in 2014.
She is now settled in the UAE with her husband. She teaches Quranic Tafseer and Hadith and delivers talks on purification of the heart and love for Allah (SWT).
Hadith by Ustadah Z. Omer Mukhtar: Ustadah completed her BSc (Honors) in Economics and Management from London School of Economics (external program). Along with that she pursued the study of classical disciplines of Islamic Learning known as Dars-e-Nizami from Zaynab Academy Karachi resulting in the completion of the Alimiyyah Degree.
She has studied Quran, Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul ul Fiqh and Arabic under traditional scholars. For the past few years, Alimah Zainab has been regularly conducting Daura-e-Tafsir programs in Karachi and teaching Hadith to women.
Currently she is living in Dubai and teaches Tafsir, Hadith and Arabic to students online. She also gives live talks on spirituality and guides women on coming closer to Allah (swt).
Seerah by Ustadah A. Masood: Ustadah was born and raised in Karachi, completed her Bachelors in Business Administration in Marketing from Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi in 2012. The curiosity to know Deen more and disciplining one’s soul made her began the Classical Islamic Learning at Zaynab Academy Online in 2011, studying Quran, Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul al-Fiqh, and Arabic under traditional scholars.
She was a student of the first Online batch launched by Zaynab Academy and later became the Program Coordinator of the Urdu Classical Islamic Learning (Alimah) Program at Zaynab Academy Online (ZAO) from 2014-2016. She has taught Quran and Hadith to Alimah Program students and has conducted Daura-e-Quran in Ramadan 2014 & 2016 onsite in Karachi. Currently, she continues to teach Quran online along with delivering talks on purification of the heart and drawing closer to Allah (swt).
Ustadha A. Masood has also worked with a global not-for-profit organisation for two years to bridge education inequity in Pakistan. She is trained by local and foreign trainers in the fields of Leadership & Education.
Lifestyle by Ustadah S. Khalid: Ustadah was born and raised in Lahore. She has completed her Bsc. (hons) in Social Sciences from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS).
She has studied Quran, Tafsir, Hadith, Fiqh, Usul ul Fiqh and Arabic under traditional scholars and received the Alimiyyah degree from Zaynab Academy in 2014. She has been teaching online and onsite at Zaynab Academy since 2010 – Quran commentary and explanation, Usul, Hadith, Fiqh, Islamic Scholarly Tradition, Contemporary debates in Islam (women and gender, Islam and secularism, academic study of Hadith, Sunnah and Bida), lifestyle etc. She has also conducted courses on sleep and time management, anger management and relationship management. Moreover, she gives bayans and counsels university students and teenagers in guiding them on coming closer to Allah (swt). She is also the coordinator for “Teen Talk” Lahore.
Ustadah S. Khalid is married and a mother of one and currently lives in Lahore. Other interests include research on Islamic legal and intellectual history, and social and economic history. She also enjoys baking and making arts and crafts.